me in paris -2005, pre-mommy days. i want those arms again!

Friday, January 15, 2010

Win a Prize

Ugh - it was measurement day today. Talk about a real downer it can be. I've worked so hard this past week on watching what I eat and working-out each day. I know it's going to take more than a week, but I'm ready to be back to my old size 2 self (like yesterday). I know that J. Crew is going to be coming out with some cute clothes soon and I do LOVE spring fashions.

I'm trying to get ready for my brother's wedding at the end of February. I have my eye on a lovely BCBG black strapless dress. I picture myself looking stylish, confident, and downright elegant while toasting him and his beautiful bride. The wedding is in Panama - bring on the hot weather. Wooo-Hoooo!

I'm the kind of gal who loves incentives. Aaaah, a prize to keep me going. This worked in the past. I once wanted to lose 10 pounds. I made a deal with my then boyfriend that if I worked out 4 days a week, 45 minutes, for a least 4 months I would win a trip to Paris. He was not a huge fan of this, but I begged for him to agree. I needed a reward at the end of the tunnel. Of course I stayed on track and looked fabu when I landed in gay Paris. I have to say I looked and felt more than fantastic when he proposed at the Sacre Couer!

Okay, I won't be negotiating any trips abroad anytime soon with the current economy, but I can look forward to the 'little' luxuries that I try to find along the way. I just love a spray tan - YES I DO! Here's my next game I shall play. I will go back to my old 4 day, 45 minute routine (these must be hard-core, result-producing work-outs) for 3 weeks. At the end of those 3 weeks (friday, feb 5th) I will treat myself to a little color. Spray booth here I come again, old friend!

I'll have to come up with a list of some other fun 'prizes' (manis, pedis, facial, etc) If you read this and if you care to send along some other suggestions I would love to hear them.

You may have noticed that it is Friday night and it does happen to be 8:00. What in the world is this lovely lady blogging away for when she could be out on the town celebrating with friends? Well, I had a very important date night with my 2 year old, O. this evening. Nothing could be better than pizza (2 slices) and Finding Nemo with a great guy!

1 comment:

  1. Polly, I have a good prize suggestion for you. You need a bottle of St. Germain liqour. It's a french liqour made from swiss elderflowers. The bottle is so beautiful, and it even says on it "Vie Parisienne En Boutielle"! It made me think of you immediately! You can buy it retail for about $30, and it's perfect in gin and vodka cocktails. Here is the link: www.stgermain.fr

    ReplyDelete