me in paris -2005, pre-mommy days. i want those arms again!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

I used to love Sunday

Sundays used to be so fabulous. C and I would wake up, make breakfast, read the NY Times (Sunday Style for me), and watch Meet the Press and/or the Food Network. Take a walk or enjoy the day in the yard (we used to rent a house on someone's estate) I'd nap in the early afternoon and wake up to get started on a great sunday night dinner. Aaah, those were the days.

Sun. Jan 10th - Wake up at 6 to feed B. O up at 7:30. Get those two ready to head out to Anthony's for what can be a typical, greasy breakfast but has now changed to egg white omelet and whole wheat toast. Come home, change babies, play with Thomas the train, look for real estate online, head to the gym for Pump (O and B in tow for the childcare), head home for lunch, naps, playtime, dinner, movie time, feedings, prayers, and bedtime. Throw in quite a few poops, spit-ups, and meltdowns.

My hat goes off to all those who are single parents - you deserve a gold medal. C comes home on Friday and I'm dying to see him. I've always known he's a huge help, but now I REALLY know just how wonderfully helpful he is each day. Yes, I'm one spoiled wife and mama. My hubby does the laundry and cleans the kitchen, and when he cooks he's a culinary genius. He does the ironing and vacuums! Jealous yet?? Have I ever mentioned how hot he is on top of everything else?!

This past week was a busy one in the 'getting back to sexy' department. I tackled Body Pump, Pilates, harder cardio workouts, and sessions with Teke and Heather at SpaFit. One of my main inspirations is back on t.v once again. I just LOVE the Biggest Loser! I look forward to the end of each show when you see how the cast-off member has changed their life once they got home. I find myself saying, "well, if they can do it..." Tuesday nights are great kick-offs to Wednesday workouts.

Sunday night is coming to an end. O got out of his bath tonight, got bundled up in a big fluffy towel, and we were hugging and looking at ourselves in the mirror. He looked right at my reflection and said, "i love you, mommy". We've watched Mary Poppins - he thinks she's pretty. B is about to take his last bottle. He'll fall asleep before 10 and wake up at around 6ish (another one of my blessings)

I used to love Sundays, and I love them even more now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment