me in paris -2005, pre-mommy days. i want those arms again!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

whoops

Oops - I slid off after a crazy day! Just a minor slip and nothing too major. I had a glass of wine - YIKES! O tested me all day with all of his 2 year old tricks, and boy, does he have a ton of them.

This child speaks in full sentences and paragraphs, and he knows what buttons to push (of course he does, we're so much alike) It was one of those, "No", "Please don't do that", "That makes mommy sad", "Stop" days that turns into "STOP DOING THAT", "I TOLD YOU NOT TO", "AAARRRGGGHHHHH", "DAMN IT!". I know the last one is going to come back at me soon. Yes, ladies, I lost it by the end of the day. By 7:30ish or so I was in full-on tear mode and that glass of red wine was all I wanted. I convinced myself that I, after all that, deserved it. Hubby did not even try to disagree with me.

I did however do great on the food! Last night's dinner was grilled shrimp tossed in a 'salad' of uncle ben's whole grain brown rice, cucumber, scallions, and a bit of feta dressed in 2 Tbsp. of olive oil and 1Tbsp of lemon juice (and maybe just a tad bit more of lemon juice). Delish and light - right on track. And, I was just too darn tired to even want something sweet.

Up again this a.m. to the oatmeal and off to try hot yoga. I wanted to go a few weeks ago, but didn't get to make it to class because of looking at a home to buy. Nothing should get in my way today.

No comments:

Post a Comment