me in paris -2005, pre-mommy days. i want those arms again!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 2

Day 2 (full day) of the extreme diet begins now and all seems to be going okay. I started this on Monday afternoon, and C and I have been enjoying some tasty meals. The best part is I'm never hungry. The last 2 mornings I have started off with egg whites and spinach (today i added lean turkey sausage) scramble. After that I have my 1/3 cup of oatmeal. Unfortunately, yesterday was a dreaded 4 hour day at the DMV. Thank goodness I did have some trail mix with me to hold me over since it was clear I was not getting out for lunch. Even though trail mix is not on the diet I figured that was a better choice than rading the junk food kiosk, or having my head spin around from the rage I was feeling toward the DMV employees, who all seemed like complete idiots yesterday. (do i seem a tad irritated about that part of my day yesterday - YES, I DO!)
Dinners have been great, as well. The first night I made a layered 'salad' of organic baby greens, brown rice, veggies (edamame, corn, turnips, and red peppers) and chopped chicken breast. I ate this again for dinner last night at 4:30 when I arrived home from that dreaded DMV and had a bowl of oatmeal at 7:00. The one great time saver is the packets of whole grain brown rice from Uncle Ben's that take 90 seconds to cook!
Heading to the grocery now to pick up tonight's dinner. Shrimp, veggies, and rice. Also need to pick up the protein powder.
Exercise is going great, too. Tons of energy lately, which is why I took one this challenge in the first place.
Once I feel in control of my body, mind, and health I shall tackle getting control of a two year old. So far that's the biggest challege of all. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. This particular 2 year old does not want to share, listen, or follow directions. He is, however, dear and sweet at the end of a long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment