me in paris -2005, pre-mommy days. i want those arms again!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I hate winter and snow

It certainly has been a while since I've written, but I have a doozy for ya in this new year of 2011!

We loved moving into our new CT home in late fall. What a beauty of a season - gorgeous colors and brisk days! Then, it happened. Winter showed its ugly, nasty face. After a beautiful first Christmas with our little family the snow started coming, and coming, and coming. And, it has not stopped!

It's no secret that I really don't care for cold weather and snow. Most that know me know that I like one snow or two just for the pretty of it. I like to go sledding, have my hot chocolate, watch movies, and cook. I also like having a cocktail or glass (bottle) of wine while I cook and watch those movies. It's fun!

But, this is just complete CRAZINESS! I have run out of craft ideas for O (he's 3 now). This didn't take long because I'm not a crafty person. We've danced, we've painted, we've watched Toy Story 3 about 300 times. I've even got him doing a little yoga. A bright spot in our gray, cold days is when he passes by, puts his hands in prayer and gives me a calming, "namaste". Pretty cute.

Here's where the worst comes in. B (he's 1) got a nasty little thing called RSV. He was sick from Monday night to Friday and by Saturday we found ourselves in the ER. He was admitted that night and we're still here today -- it's Wednesday! Let me also mention that we have a terrible ice storm outside at the moment. Awesome!

So, have I lost it?? Well, not completely. This momma came prepared. Yesterday I was most productive. I sat in the bed they so graciously had for me showered, make-up on, and curlers in the hair. One must at least try!!! The nurses giggle at me when they see all the products I have scattered around the bathroom (moisturizers, serums, industrial strength hair dryer, and the velcro rollers)

I was even conducting business. I am an independent stylist (my hubbie loves that term) with Stella and Dot. I sell jewelry and I love it. Well, I decided where better to conduct a few sales than a place filled with darling nurses, PA's, and doctors? So, business as usual for me. We've had a ball chatting about the pieces and setting dates for trunk shows.

The only thing - and it's a big one - that I'm missing is my wine! This whole experience would just be fine and dandy had I been just a bit more prepared. I do love it that I have made girlfriends up here that have tried to get the wine to me. Drats that ice storm that prevents everyone from driving!!

And the very final thing that I'm happy to report is that while being here I have lost a pound, because, really, who likes hospital food? I try to think and stay positive!

1 comment:

  1. I love you Kelly! Thanks for making me smile. I can totally picture you working over that hospital floor, making some sales and looking damn good all the while. Hope all is well with Ben and that you get your wine fix soon.

    Brandi Clifford

    ReplyDelete