me in paris -2005, pre-mommy days. i want those arms again!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

VICTORY

In case you feel a bit of chill in the air this afternoon it may just be because Hell froze over a little today. I, Kelly, tried on a pair of skinny jeans and they actually fit! In fact, they fit so well that I went down a size! Did I buy these jeans? Sadly, no as a skinny jean just does not look best on my 'shape'. I did, however, buy 2 new pairs of dark wash jeans in a size 6!!! WOOOO-HOOOOOOOO!!! I was so proud of myself that I even shared my excitement with the sales lady at Gap today. A big congratulations came my way from behind the cash wrap.

When I began this blog my goal was to wear leggings with boots zipped up over them. Oh how I prayed all summer that leggings would still be in this season so that I could partake in fun fashion as all my friends do. Well, sure enough Kohl's had a huge selection for me to choose from. But, let's start with the boots...

When I was home in Roanoke in august (i'm actually from salem) I went to Yarid's to find a pair of fun heels for a party I was attending. As I walked in, there was a fabulous pair of everyday boots in black and brown, low heel and zipped to the knee. I got the courage to try them on. I just didn't know if I was ready -- had I exercised enough to lose the dreaded cankles? Would they zip up past my mid-calf?

The sales gal, Kelly, brought them out to me and I slowly put my foot in. I took a deep breath and in one smooth swoop I zipped them up! (if i could suck in my calves i would have, but i didn't need to) I let out a victory squeal, and my sister-in-law, Astrid cheered me on. We had the staff at Yarid's celebrating and laughing with us!

Now for the true test.. would they fit over leggings? The answer is.... YES THEY DO!!! And, I have to say the 'look' doesn't look half bad. I am now in search for a stirrup. Such a shame that I didn't save mine from 6th and 7th grade (sigh).

I'm happy to report that I met my goal, but more importantly I feel great! I'm still doing the yoga and it has done wonders for my body and my soul. My family and I are moving into a new home next week and we're making tons of new friends. I've started selling the jewelry line, Stella and Dot. I'm sure you'll be hearing more about that from me in the near future.

Tomorrow is my birthday and I will be celebrating by prancing my size 6 (long and lean style) tooshie all over NYC with family and friends. I do still plan on enjoying a yellow cupcake with chocolate icing, because, for heaven sakes, I've haven't totally lost my mind!

1 comment:

  1. Kelly I am so happy for you! What an accomplishment! I know you are so proud :) And I must say, this 'stay at home mom' thing is NOT a cakewalk...it's something that has to be learned. Kaidan is in Pre K now and I wonder how I have even MORE to do that ever before. So I know what you're saying, especially about the "move"...we're moving this weekend. I was in charge of finding the new place, getting boxes, packing, arranging the movers (finding extra hands of friends of ours, not that we have had many volunteers, lol). Sounds like things are going very well for you, Kelly :)

    ReplyDelete