me in paris -2005, pre-mommy days. i want those arms again!

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The crazier it gets, the thinner I get

It's happening! I'm losing the weight, and yes, my mind is going right along with it! We've now uprooted ourselves and settled into a darling New England town in CT. This little place looks like something right out of a movie -- you know, sort of Stepmom with Julia Roberts. Truly, an ideal place to live.

But, alas, we are not in that beautiful home Susan Sarandon lived in with the massive wrap around porch. We are in a 3 bedroom apartment while we still look for that perfect home. Yes ma'am, Me, C, two boys, and a dog all in a apartment on the third floor (thank heavens we do have an elevator). I'm pretty certain that just getting out of the apartment with the boys and a stroller to get into the car each day, a few times a day is one reason the weight is coming off, so I'm certainly not complaining about that. What I do hate is not having a yard that our dog and boys can just go run and play. A kiddie pool would be nice too, as it's turned pretty toasty up here.

Why not go to the local pool you may ask? Well, as soon as we got settled O broke out in a contagious skin disease that is pretty common in little fellas his age. Needless to say, I do not want to be that mother whose kid gave it to every one else, and the pool is the easiest place for it to spread. That would just be a grand way to make new friends! Poor little guy had to have them frozen off, which didn't hurt, but the aftermath is just awful. It just looks like the WORST case of chicken pox you have ever seen. And, I just would like to know how you keep a 2 year-old from scratching??!!

B usually rolls with the punches. He hasn't shown any signs of getting this skin rash from his big bro, but his daily dilemmas usually involve screaming from teething. He's learned to stand and is trying to get those feet moving as he pulls around his crib. I'm sure he'll be off and running in no time, which only means more craziness going on. Wouldn't have it any other way!

Yes, we have all kinds of daily ups and downs, and we certainly miss our family and friends in VA. It should be fun to see how this plays out. When I go home to visit at the end of the summer I may be a bit smaller, but A LOT crazier! Aaah, good thing I'm off to try hot yoga today at 11:00. We'll see if that one calms me down and puts me into a balanced state. If nothing else I'll at least get an 1.25 hours of peace and quiet while I sweat the weight off. I'll let you know how it works...

1 comment:

  1. Hope O feels better!!! Soon you will be able to get to the pool and cool off!! You might be glad you are up there b/c it is miserable in VA, but that could just be me and the preggo belly in the summer! Yay for losing more weight...but I'm pretty sure my mind is already gone!!! =) Happy summer...hope to see you when you visit!

    ReplyDelete