me in paris -2005, pre-mommy days. i want those arms again!

Monday, March 22, 2010

Jeans!!

I wish I looked GREAT in jeans. No matter how much I lose this just has never seemed to happen. Secretly, I want to look like Gisele in jeans (ha!). You know, those types of girls that have long, lean legs that seem to go forever that look good in no matter what type or color jean they wear.

Also, I saw my friend, Jennie, try on a great pair this past summer. She came out of the dressing room looking even more fabulous than she already did going in, and let me tell you this gal ALWAYS looks fabulous. Jennie's got that darling fit body that we all would love to have, and she has a booty to die for. Everyone would love to have and should have a friend like Jennie. She's as pretty on the inside as she is on the outside. So, no, you don't feel the slight bit jealous her jeans are better than yours. The Jennie's of this world make you feel fabulous no matter your size. Lucky Me!!

Yep, that's what I wish for - a pair of jeans that makes me look thinner and more fabulous instead of sausage casing. Aaah, back to reality now..

Here is my most recent jean experience. I actually fit into a size 8 and they were a size 8 that I owned before getting pregnant with B. This is a slight victory on my way back to getting petite once again. Now, let me be honest in what kind of size 8 we're talking about here. I do not buy designer jeans - not yet, anyways. Lord, I don't think they make a size big enough in those that would fit over my knee. No, I headed to the Gap where most often I'm pleased enough with the styles and fit they have to offer.

Okay, so here's what they are for those of you that are in my boat. They are the Essential jean, and yes, they are ESSENTIALLY a mom jean. I know, I know - GASP! But, they are a size 8 and I'm going to celebrate my little victory for a just a few more weeks before I plan on squeezing myself into a more chic style. Hooray - I'm in single digits again! They do sit right below the waist and that's okay, isn't it??

I'm just patting myself on the back for not listening to my mother about jean buying. She told me I needed to try a brand called "Not your Daughter's" jean. "Come on now, Mom, I AM YOUR DAUGHTER!!!". On principle alone I shall not be taking them into any dressing room anytime soon. I don't care how great they would make my toosh look. One must have some sort of standards.

Hopefully soon I will be writing again about how I'm wearing a size 6 (or the european equivalent) in some great designer pair, but for now I'll be strutting my size 8 'mom' booty around in my size 8's.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Kelly, Have you tried Paige jeans..they even have petite...they honestly make the backside look great just as advertised. Love that you are blogging! Best of luck- Meredith
    PS: you are going to have to find your way to the Westchester Mall for some of your favorite stores.

    ReplyDelete